Thursday, August 28, 2008

Guerillas! Buy it!

As the Vietnam War continues to drag on, the U.S. decides to implement their new secret weapon... Monkeys! GUERILLAS is the first issue of an action-packed miniseries which follows a troop of specially trained chimpanzees and the lone human soldier brought along for the ride.
________________________

I just finished reading the very first issue of Guerillas tonight. I had expected it to be good, but it totally blew my expectations out of the water. The cover retail price is $5.99, which seems steep on the surface, but it's a 56 page comic with 48 pages of story--so you're more than getting your money's worth. This is definitely the first chapter of a much larger and greater story, but it's so, SO good.

Image has been knocking it out of the park over the past few years with titles they've been releasing and this is absolutely no exception. You like war comics? Buy this book. If you like monkeys, buy this book. If you like period pieces, buy this book. If you like good comics, buy this book.

I had considered writing a synopsis of what happens in the first issue, but I don't think there is a lot that I could say that could do it justice.

Am I gushing? I think I'm gushing. Buy Guerillas!


....I hope you like it as much as I did.

No comments: