Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bad news...

Hey kids. I just heard from my Diamond rep yesterday and I am feeling rather dejected. Unfortunately issue #2 of the book did not meet Diamond's necessary benchmarks and they have decided to cancel orders for the book. I had asked if I could at least honor the orders that were placed and was politely turned down.

Not a good feeling. Especially for all of the work I had put into it.

Thank you SO much to everyone who supported me and the book. That means more than you will ever know.

Now to the (sort of) good news:

If you placed your order through DCBS, your order will be filled without question. We are still moving forward and hope to continue to make the book available for order through the first six issues.

We are also going to be moving the book online and I will post back here once everything is set up with the digital version of the book.

Thank you all again for your love and support. While this certainly hurts, I'm glad to be a part of a community that showed such strong support for me and the book. There are relatively few things that I value above true friendship and you all have shown that to me. Right now, I'm just trying to look forward, continue on with the book as far as we can.

No comments: